Sixth Grade Shabbaton
A Shabbat of Learning for Sixth Graders and their Parents
Join Rabbis Sirkman and Miller, Cantor Scher, Rabbi Rudin, Ted and Adam to consider:
- Why become a bar/bat mitzvah?
- How does this happen?
- What do I "become" when I've become a bar/bat mitzvah?
- How does my bar/bat mitzvah connect me to the Jewish community?
- How does my bar/bat mitzvah help me create a stronger COVENANT with the Jewish people?
- How do I handle the intensity of this process!?
Experience a Shabbat Morning Service...Begin to explore a Mitzvah Project...
Saturday, February 11, 2017, Edith Macy Conference Center
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Attire: Shabbat Casual - please, no jeans
Agenda For The Day
10:00 AM Arrival and Snacks
10:15-10:45 Building Community: Get to Know Others
Framing the Day
10:45 – 11:30 Becoming Teachers of Torah
11:45-12:45 PM Becoming Leaders of Tefillah
1:30 – 2:00 6th Grade Program (Learners)
Burning B’nai Mitzvah Questions with Cantor Scher (over continued lunch) (Parents)
2:00 - 3:00 Becoming Doers of Good Deeds
3:00-3:30 Becoming Bar/Bat Mitzvah with Rabbi Sirkman
3:30 – 4:00 End of Day Reflections & Havdallah